Camden Council installed Pop-up cycle lanes on Chalk Farm Road and the lower end of Haverstock Hill last summer. They are now consulting on proposals to make these and associated changes permanent.
The proposals include:
- Replacing the temporary ‘kerb and wand’ segregation with a new raised stepped cycle track
- Improved junction layout at Haverstock Hill/ Chalk Farm Road/ Adelaide Road/ Regents Park Road/ Crogsland Road, including a new signalised pedestrian crossing across the middle and a cycle gate for norttbound cycles and bypass for southbound cycles.
- Retaining the improvements at the Ferdinand Street- Juniper Way junction
- Retaining the four bus stop bypasses and replacing the ride round bus stop outside Haverstock School with a new bus stop bypass east of Crogsland Road and adding a new bus stop bypass between the junctions of Harmood Street and Hartland Road. Putting the bus shelters on the island.
- Taxi parking facility outside Camden Market to be relocated to east of Crogsland Road and to be shared with a new timed loading bay
- New blended junctions at Belmont Street, Harmood Street and Hartland Road
- Blue surfacing across junctions and side roads to provide an increased awareness of cyclists.
- Installing new double yellow lines with double blip markings (no parking/waiting at any time) along the scheme route to prevent vehicles from parking and loading on the cycle lane.
Drop In Sessions
23 September 2021 (Thursday) from 16:00 to 19:00
30 September 2021 (Thursday) from 16:00 to 19:00
Location: Castlehaven Community Centre, 23 Castlehaven Rd, London NW1 8RU